I kind of missed out on day 3 and almost day 4 of the Gratitude Challenge. Why? Well, I got tired and the lazy side of me took over. Still, I DO want to tell you what I'm grateful for. A little back story first...
Yesterday, Yoav had two doctor's visits that I deemed completely unnecessary. One was a follow up with his orthopedist to make sure his bowed feet straightened out (they did) and the second was a follow up to a follow up with his neurologist. Well, the first appointment (with the foot doctor) was almost missed. I decided to out-smart traffic and I accidentally turned into an area that took me straight to the highway. Yes, I felt like an idiot. Yes, I called my husband for help. He rescheduled the appointment for later that afternoon.
And what about today... Well, every year, on the 4th of July, my office celebrates the holiday. My bosses are aware that most of us miss being home this time of year, so they always bring in lunch for us. The food wasn't so tasty but the sentiment was really appreciated.
I'm grateful for a few other things, too...
- We have great friends - we really do!
- My friends at work because they just get me. It's a rare thing to find.
- My son - but not in the cheesy way - he's taught me humility and patience.
- Hot dogs! I'm really grateful for them because they're very versatile for me when cooking here.
- My freedom...I'm really grateful to have citizenship to two countries in which I'm free. I don't take my freedom for granted - it's truly a gift!
So, tell me, this 4th of July, what are YOU grateful for! Keep those positive thoughts comin'!!Tweet